Saturday, May 7, 2011

Redfish Fly Fishing

Redfish Fly Fishing
Redfish Fly Fishing

In this article I want to share with you the best redfish fishing techniques and tips, but I want to also explain what the redfish actually is for the beginners.

First of all, let’s introduce ourselves to the topic of redfish fishing. What is refish and where you can find them? Red drum, also known as redfish, is a salt water fish which can be found along the coast of the southern USA. The black spot on their tails is key to recognizing redfish. Redfish inhabit shallow bays and esturaries, targeting crustaceans and baitfish. As a recreational fish they are priced very highly. People who are after these fish are called redfish anglers. Redfish anglers always take part in national tournaments that are similar to freshwater bass fishing events. There are tournaments in redfish fishing all over the gulf coast. I saw my first one on TV one Sunday morning and that was a first time I heard about redfish fishing..

For me redfish fishing is a whole world. Unfortunately, I don’t live in the south of USA, but I go there every year just for redfish fishing. I always bring my whole family with me and it is wonderful event. It is now our traditional family event. We all love it, because it’s both healthy, you are on a fresh air all day, and fun and it brings family together.

Ok, let’s move on to the refish fishing techniques. Red drum or redfish can be caught in many ways. Probably the most widely utilized technique for fishing redfish is to anchor along a channel edge or shoal and bottom fish with cut peeler crab bait or other baits including, squid, cut spot, live spot and even chicken breast soaked in peeler crab oil. These are all excellent redfish fishing techniques.

In the Virginia, in areas like Pocomoke and Tangier Sounds, anglers usually look for a somewhat sharp drop and anchor so that the boat lies on the slope of the channel. This depth is only a starting point and can vary greatly.

Many anglers prefer to fish a window of opportunity that includes the last 2 hours of the incoming current and the first 2 hours of the outgoing. The fishing is more likely to be really good if it coincides with dusk.

Other techniques for catching Virginia and Chesapeake Bay redfish include trolling large spoons in the lower bay areas.

Surf fishing is a popular way to catch Virginia redfish. Along the Atlantic beaches and around Virginia barrier islands, anglers use a fish finder or other rig and fish with baits such as whole spot, spot fillets or heads, mullet, bluefish fillets, crabs, shrimp or other baits. There are numerous methods in redfish fishing.

I hope you liked this introductory article to the world of redfish fishing and you will join our ever growing community. Believe me, you will really enjoy it. I recommend you to have a look at these amazing secret redfish fishing techniques. These are the top techniques used by the pros now available to you. I’ve seen them and they are really cool. They changed my life for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment