Saturday, April 16, 2011

I love ice fishing

I got into ice fishing even more after I bought my first flasher. An eagle silent 60 changed ice fishing for me, forever. I won’t go ice fishing now without my trusty flasher. Of course I eventually upgraded to a vexilar flasher and still use it today.

I love ice fishing because you can truly be alone and comfortable. No boats whizzing by, no jet skis, no irritating loud people, no one pulling kids on tubes or float toys. Lol, well, now and then there are some irritating loud people but it’s simple to pick up the house and move to another spot where there is no one.

If you’ve never tried fishing I suggest you get yourself a rod and reel and go give it a try. Almost everyone I know has friends who fish so you can ask one of your friends for some advice or you can ask on this blog. Anyway, you’ll have a lot of fun fishing, either alone or with a group.

Fishing is also a family sport and if you get kids hooked on fishing it’s not as likely they’ll get hooked on drugs or other things you don’t want them to get into. Be patient when you’re teaching your kids to fish and teaching them about the outdoors. They don’t have the patience or the knowledge you do so take it easy on them and above all, find a lake here the fish are biting so they don’t get bored and want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment