Saturday, April 23, 2011

warm water fly fishing magazine

warm water fly fishing magazine

This publication is long gone from the fly fishing scene.  Its a crying shame because in my opinion it was better than any other fly fishing publication by a mile.  John Likakis was editor of the magazine and it was a magazine for the warmwater fisherman and fly tyer.  I have all the old issues as my son bought me a subscription when it first came out in 96 or 97.  I have seen some of these magazines still come up for sale occasionally on evil bay or some fly fishing sites.  Theyre worth the money.  I read an article from one of them almost daily; course I have read them all, but there are some ideas and techniques for tying or fishing that I am reminded about each time I pick up a copy.  I sure wished someone would revive the magazine and publish it again..  Nope, I wouldn't sell my copies; I bet some of you still are hanging on to your old copies

No comments:

Post a Comment