Sunday, April 17, 2011

Customize Your Lures with Permanent Markers

Today I was home alone. So, I decided to mess around in my tackle box. As I was looking through my lures I noticed a few Sharpie permanent markers on the table. Without even thinking about it, I grabbed one and started doodling on one of my ugly old spinners. Before I knew it, I had a sweet looking lure in my hands. Thanks to the permanent marker, I made an old lure look new again. Looks like I found a new way to customize my old, ugly lures.
By the time I put the markers down, I customized 4 spinners and one Rapala Countdown. I gotta tell you, it was the most fun I’ve had in a while. And guess what, I took some pictures for all of you to see.

As you can see, I made my old Blue Fox Vibrax spinner, with a corroded blade and chipped paint on the body, look way better. I added some stripes to the body to cover the chips in the paint. Then I put some dots to the blade to make it look better. Now I’ll actually use this spinner, instead of let it rot in my tackle box.
Ok, I wasn’t really trying to fix an old, ugly lure on this one. I’m not even sure I made it look better. I don’t really care, this is now my favorite crankbait that I have. I took a perfectly fine Rapala Countdown, and “Went to Town” on it with permanent markers. You can see the result above. What do you think? I’m starting to think it looks kinda good.

No comments:

Post a Comment