Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Ultimate Spinners for Ultralight Fishing

I’ve always enjoyed ultralight fishing with spinners because of their simplicity and fish catching ability. They are the first lure I ever used, and I still love to use them. Out of the numerous brands of spinners I have fished with, there are only few that I REALLY like. The spinners below are my favorites.

Blue Fox Vibrax



My brother introduced me to the Blue Fox Vibrax line of spinners, and since then they have become my favorite. I love the fish-catching, color-combinations that are available. I’ve never had any problems with getting the blade to spin, as long as I keep it clean. The sizes I use for ultralight fishing are 0 and 1.
Blue Fox Spinners:
-

Panther Martin


When I need to fish deeper water, Panther Martins are my go-to spinners. They have a heavy body that casts great and goes down deeper than most others on the market.  The smallest size, 1/32 ounce and barely over an inch, is great for luring those finicky/spooked fish into striking. I use 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8 ounce spinners when UL fishing.
Panther Martin Spinners:
-

Mepps Aglia


After fishing with bait only, the Mepps Aglia was the first lure I ever used. From that day on, I was hooked on spinner fishing. My favorite ones are the super tiny size 00. Unfortunately, they don’t make a size that small anymore. Sizes 0 – 1, Aglias and Aglia Longs are the best Mepps for ultra-light fishing, and they come in 22 cool colors.
Mepps Aglia Spinners: 
-

Rooster Tails


Worden’s Rooster Tails are also great spinners for ultralight fishing. I have been using them for as long as I have been spinner fishing, and they’ve never let me down. These spinners do a great job at attracting strikes. And with more than 100 colors available, you can always find one that will work.
Rooster Tail Spinners:
-

Wyld Edge


While I have never used these before, I’ve been hearing some good things about these spinners from . I think they are worth a try. They are the next spinners I will be purchasing, so stay tuned for a review on Wyld Edge Spinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment